Just because it’s called “pudding” doesn’t mean it’s only reserved for dessert. It’s actually a good thing to start the day with one of these delicious treats that will keep you going the whole day.
And, of course, we’ve saved you some trouble and gathered 25 of the best breakfast pudding recipes we could find to get you pumped-up in the morning!
25 Healthy Breakfast Pudding Recipes
1. Coconut black rice breakfast pudding by My New Roots. Black rice goes perfectly with coconut milk, and the passion fruit make this a truly tasty breakfast.
2. Orange lavender pudding with cashews by This Rawsome Vegan Life. A spectacular mix of flavors that’s raw and so refreshing in the morning.
3. Berry chocolate chia pudding breakfast parfait by Hello Nest. Start the day with chocolate pudding and you’ll never look back!
4. Healthy vegan avocado chocolate mousse by Hello Glow. Avocado toast may not be on the menu, but you can get your kick with something even healthier: a vegan, chocolatey, avocado pudding.
5. Raw strawberry pudding pie by The Taste Space. A lovely make ahead breakfast that you’re going to enjoy all summer.
6. Savory bread puddings with garlic, mushrooms and ricotta by Amuse Your Bouche. Just because it’s a pudding, doesn’t mean it can’t have mushrooms and cheese inside!
7. Layered Coconut Spirulina Chia Pudding by Hello Glow. The perfect complement to a spirulina face mask, this chia pudding is loaded with antioxidants and soluble fiber that help stimulate your body’s natural detox process.
8. Blueberry maple swirl buckwheat pudding by Will Frolic for Food. A lovely breakfast made with coconut milk, maple syrup, buckwheat and berries.
9. Creamy almond brown rice pudding by An Edible Mosaic. Paired with fresh fruit, this brown rice pudding can easily be served as a healthy breakfast.
10. Semolina pudding with berry sauce by Cooking Melangery. Served hot or gold, semolina pudding is great for breakfast, served with sweet toppings.
11. Apple cinnamon chia pudding by Hello Glow. We’ve never met a chia pudding we didn’t like, and this one is no exception.
12. Chocolate zucchini breakfast pudding by To Her Core. A great way to sneak some veggies into an otherwise decadently tasting breakfast.
13. Coconut and kiwi fruit chia pudding by Becomingness. Kiwi and coconut are a match made in heaven, plus they bring vitamin C and E, potassium, copper and magnesium to the table!
14. Creme pudding by Healthful Pursuit. A dairy free, vegan, low-carb pudding made with just three ingredients and sweetened with stevia.
15. Simple chocolate chai-chia seed pudding recipe by Hello Nest. What better way to start the day then with an antioxidants-packed pudding that tastes delicious and it’s super healthy?
16. Chia pudding with apple guava jelly by The Cook’s Pajamas. A vegan, gluten free and dairy free breakfast that you can take with you in a jar.
17. Vanilla chai pudding with fig and raspberry by Hello Veggie. Chia seeds are loaded with fiber to help fill you up and they’re also a great source of both protein and omega-3 fatty acids, making them a fabulous way to start your day.
18. Mexican oat pudding with spicy nut clusters by MJ and Hungryman. A powerful combination of 100% whole grain oats and the goodness low-fat dairy.
19. Millet pudding with rhubarb by Skoraq Cooks. This breakfast pudding has only a few ingredients, and one is tasty pink-colored rhubarb stems.
20. Coconut chia pudding by Hello Glow. This insanely easy breakfast pudding is made the night before, so all you have to do in the morning is scoop it into a bowl and garnish.
21. Chia seed pudding with pumpkin caramel by Hello Glow. This gorgeous, fall-inspired chia pudding is better than any Starbucks latte!
22. Honey ginger semolina porridge by Sharing the Food We Love. Perfect for a crisp fall morning, this semolina pudding is filling and quick to make.
23. Mango pudding by Indian Kitchen. Made with oats and mango, this pudding is a tasty alternative to morning cereal.
24. Mango chia pudding by Healthy Nibbles & Bits. Chia pudding is a light breakfast, but it’s very versatile to make with your favorite flavors.
25. Rose Water Berry Pudding for Digestive Cleansing by Hello Glow. Rose water has digestive healing effects, while fresh fruit puree enriches this pudding with minerals and vitamins.
Rose Water Pudding with Raspberry Puree
- Sauce pan
For the pudding
- 4 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 10 ounces full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons rose water
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 2 cups fresh strawberries or raspberries
For the rose water
- Handful rose petals dried or fresh, from a pesticide-free source
- 2 cups purified water
- 1/2 teaspoon hibiscus powder you can skip this one, I add it to enhance the pinkish color
- Add the rose petals to a saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to boil over medium heat, then cover with a lid and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes, until the rose petals' color fades completely.
- Add the hibiscus powder, stir to combine, cover the pan, turn off the heat and set aside until completely cooled.
- Use a cheesecloth to strain the liquid, and transfer into a clean bottle with a lid.
- Mix the arrowroot and cardamom in a saucepan, add the coconut milk and almond milk, and whisk to incorporate.
- Bring to boil over low heat and whisk for 2 or 3 minutes, until it thickens.
- Remove from heat, add the rose water and maple syrup, and whisk to incorporate.
- Add the fresh berries into the blender and puree until smooth.
- Divide the puree into the serving jars or bowls, and top with pudding.
- Refrigerate until completely cooled, then serve garnished with fresh fruits.
Sounds great! I never get tired of having pudding in my meals. But somehow, my pudding recipes get boring and too common. I was looking for new ways to enjoy pudding, and I think I got more than I was looking for. Thank you so much for sharing
This is really fun at the same time yummy. Never knew pudding could be a day-starter. The list is so long and exciting, I don’t even know where to start. :)
I can’t thank you enough for this! very healthy and enticing!
I am so thrilled to find your blog, wow great stuff here!
What a gorgeous collection of breakfast ideas, thank you for sharing. :-)
Millie | Add A Little says
Yum! breakfast is such a great way to start the day being creative in the kitchen – I love these ideas!
This roundup couldn’t haven’t come at a better time as I’ve been looking for some bfast inspirations! Puddings for bfast sounds like a fabulous way to start the day! Thank you so much for including my recipe as well ;)
Becca @ Amuse Your Bouche says
What a fun collection of recipes! I don’t usually put much thought into my breakfast but this is inspiring! Thanks for featuring my garlic mushroom bread puddings! :)