I have been looking for an easy and natural way to look younger, healthier and more vibrant without spending a ton of money. That’s when I discovered that frankincense essential oil not only has a gorgeous woody aroma, it has powerful anti-aging and skin rejuvenating effects!
Simply adding a few drops of frankincense essential oil to your existing moisturizer, shampoo, body lotion, or virtually any other beauty product, is all you need to reap the countless benefits of this ancient healing oil.
For thousands of years, people have used frankincense oil to lift, tone and tighten their skin, prevent wrinkles, reduce dark spots and pore size, heal and prevent acne and slow the signs of aging. Others used it to strengthen and add shine to their hair. It has the power to heal wounds, rash, eczema, burns, cuts and scrapes as well as soothe dry and chapped skin. It’s even used to reduce new and old scars and stretch marks.
Not only that, but frankincense is a natural astringent that helps regenerate healthy cells and keep existing tissue healthy and strong. It is this power to protect and repair skin cells that makes frankincense your most powerful anti-aging essential oil, and it’s so easy to use! Here are a few tips to take your skincare to the next level for radiant, youthful skin.
Tips For Mixing Frankincense Oil Into Your Skin Care Products:
- Use ~6 drops per ounce for face products
- Use ~12 drops per ounce for body lotions
- Use ~20 drops per ounce for shampoos, hair masks and products you rinse off
- Always do a patch test first to check for skin sensitivity
- For liquids, shake well before use
- Mature Skin
- Prematurely Aging Skin
- Environmentally Damaged Skin
Benefits of Frankincense:
- Astringent – Helps protect and repair skin cells
- Reduces Acne
- Prevents Wrinkles
- Lifts and Tightens Skin
- Kills Germs
- Reduces Large Pores
- Slows Signs Of Aging
- Aids in Wound Healing
- Repairs Dry & Chapped Skin
- Balances Oily or Dry Skin
- Reduces Scars
- Lightens Dark Spots
- Reduces Stretch Marks
- Soothes Eczema
- Heals Burns
- Relieves Itch and Rash
- Heals Cuts & Scrapes
If you are anything like me, you’re not entirely sure what’s in your store bought skin care products and worry you might be rubbing harmful chemicals onto your skin every day. Fear Not! You can tailor make your products and know exactly what’s in them if you make it at home. Remove the mystery and try these simple DIY recipes for yourself.
Fresh Faced Moisturizer
Frankincense is a natural astringent, making it an amazing anti-aging oil because it can protect and regenerate healthy skin cells. It’s also used for fighting acne, preventing wrinkles, reducing large pores and tightening the skin to reduce the signs of aging.
- 1 ounce of grapeseed oil, or your existing facial moisturizer
- 6 drops of frankincense essential oil
- Mix well and store in a dark glass container
Beautifying Body Butter
Not only does frankincense support healthy and glowing skin, it helps to repair it too! This rich body lotion helps to reduce the appearance of scars, stretch marks and dark spots. Frankincense is even used to soothe rashes and aide in rapid wound healing. This lotion has found its way to my beauty regimen and my medicine cabinet. I use it every day, right after the shower to lock the moisture into my skin, and I love the youthful glow it gives me!
- Heat a large pot of water on the stove
- Put 3 ounces of virgin coconut oil in a glass container
- Place the glass container in the warm water until the coconut oil melts to a liquid
- Add 20 drops of frankincense essential oil and mix well
- Store in a dark glass container
- Enjoy your glowing skin!
Frankincense Face & Body Spritz
Frankincense oil mixed with pure water makes a simple and fragrant skin toner and refresher. I love to set my makeup with a few sprays of this refreshing oil mix. I’ve also started using it after washing my face at night to wake up with firm, glowing skin. If you have sensitive skin, add a few drops of lavender oil, and add a few drops to fight breakouts. I simply love this stuff!
- Fill a glass squirt bottle with pure water
- Add 6 drops of frankincense oil per 1 ounce of water
- Mix well before each use, or add 3 drops of vodka to prevent separation
- Spray onto face & body whenever you want a refresher
Now that you know why and how to use Frankincense Essential Oil to boost your skin care products, let’s get glowing!