Something as easy and small as sprinkling some water on your face can make the summer heat more bearable. It's instant refreshment! And you know what else is just as fun and effortless, but with additional benefits for your skin? A good ol' natural, homemade face or body spray! More than that, you also get a subtle fragrance that's perfect for summer.If you want to cool down, hydrate your skin and possibly giggle at the same time, look no further than these DIY body spray recipes. And there are a few that are perfect for your face, too!
1. Skin-Repairing Green Tea DIY Body Spray
Green tea is chock full of antioxidants and cucumber soothes inflamed skin so put them to work repairing dry, sun-damaged skin when you need something cool on a hot summer day.
Green tea + cucumber body spray recipe
1. Brew a cup of green tea and stick it in the refrigerator. Peel and puree half of a cucumber. Strain and discard solids.
2. Once the tea has cooled, add ¼ cup to the spray bottle. (Note: if your spray bottle is bigger, then just add more tea.)
3. Add 2 tablespoons cucumber juice, 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel and 1-2 drops of essential oil. Stir or shake to combine.
4. Store in the refrigerator and it should last about a week.
2. Crystal-Infused Body Mist
One way you may want to use some of that beauty water is to make your own post-cleansing finishing oil, a facial mist that not only adds soothing, rejuvenating moisture to your skin but—thanks to the addition of frankincense and sandalwood essential oils—smells beautiful and grounding too.
Make your crystal beauty water and use that to wash your face or include that water to create energetic serums and lotions the same way you would with water.
Crystal-infused body mist recipe
1. Combine the ingredients in a spray mister bottle. Shake well and mist onto your face.
2. Try massaging it into the skin with a jade roller or gua sha tool.
3. Beauty Sleep Body Spray
Spritz the soles of the feet, the back of the neck and your pillow with this beauty sleep spray, and think about relaxing the body. Make sure the room is completely dark and sleep well!
Beauty sleep body spray recipe
—½ cup lavender hydrosol
—1 tablespoon vodka
—15 drops lavender essential oil
—10 drops Roman chamomile
—2 drops vetiver essential oil
1. Blend all the ingredients together in the glass spray bottle (use one that is new or has been sterilized) and label the bottle. Shake well before use.
2. Spray the back of the neck, soles of the feet, and pillow before going to bed, avoiding the face. Sleep well!
4. Stress-Relieving Magnesium Body Spray
Use water and Epsom salts to make this calming magnesium oil spray that helps reduce stress and anxiety, encourages good sleep, and soothes sore muscles.
Magnesium body spray recipe
—¼ cup water or herbal hydrosol
—¼ cup Epsom salt or magnesium flakes
—4 oz spray bottle
1. In a saucepan, bring the water to a boil.
2. Remove from heat and stir in salt (or flakes) until dissolved.
3. Let cool and transfer to the spray bottle.
You can use your spray anytime of the day, but I like to mist it on after a shower, before I’ve layered on any lotions or other products. Simply spray the magnesium oil directly onto the skin of your arms, legs, or abdomen, then gently rub it in to absorb into your skin. Leave it on throughout the day, or rinse it off after about 30 minutes.
When you first start using the magnesium spray, you might experience some tingling or irritation on the skin. That should dissipate after several uses, but if it really gets to you, you can dilute the spray with some more water, or rinse it off after letting it absorb into the skin for 20-30 minutes. Start by misting with 5-6 sprays a day, then build up to more as you adjust.
9 More DIY Body Spray Recipes
Five simple ingredients make a soothing DIY body spray--the perfect pick-me-up for a hot summer day!
How to make an acne body spray with exfoliating ingredients like apple cider vinegar and lemon juice. Just spritz it on hard-to-reach areas to banish bacne.
Easy to make, inexpensive and highly effective at strengthening the skin’s defenses against aging.
Stay cool with a light, moisturizing perfume body spray that has an intoxicating jasmine scent. Aloe and glycerin add a light moisturizing texture.
Not only does salt water make your hair look awesome, but it can also firm your skin. You know how a day at the beach leaves your skin feeling tight?
This spray is a version of the same thing—the appearance of wrinkles, pores and cellulite is reduced, but your skin won't feel dry and parched. This is especially great for oily and acne prone skin.
Homemade body oil spray is easy with a simple at home recipe. Vanilla and cloves make this body oil spray recipe a man magnet!
This DIY makeup setting spray will help your makeup blend and stay fresh looking all day long, plus it's soothing and nourishing for dry skin.
Ugh, razor burn is the worst! Calm your skin with natural ingredients like aloe, chamomile, lavender, and tea tree oil.
If you're the undecided type, how about making all three of these summery, natural essential oil sprays? Scents include Sea Salt Eucalyptus, Pool Day and Summer Fruit Stand. We're actually undecided, too.328