Have you made anything with clay yet? Take it from me, it’s super addictive. It’s amazing all of the accessories you can make. Colorful necklaces, a cool jewelry bowl, and unexpected things like buttons. Who knew? If you haven’t purchased clay yet, you’ll want to after seeing these 25 DIY Clay Tutorials!
25 DIY Clay Tutorials
1. DIY clay envelope necklace – Stellaire
If you’re in need of a last minute gift that you can do quickly, try out this clay envelope necklace. You can even replace the string with chain for another cute look.
2. Fish bone cane – Marie Segal
Just in time for Halloween, this cane looks great! You might need advanced clay skills to make it but it’s worth the effort!
3. Scandinavian style clay candlesticks – Hello Glow
Rather than spending $80 or more on a Scandi-style candle holder, try this easy, affordable clay version that replicates the look.
4. Clay jewelry dishes – Lisa Storms
These lovely plates don’t look like a DIY project. Make your own and use them to store jewelry or potpourri.
5. DIY polymer clay bead necklace – Delighted Momma
Lindsay is a clay master! Use this idea to make your own custom necklace: pick your favorite color and size and just have fun with it!
6. Polymer clay pens: marble tutorial – Creative in Chicago
Not just for kids, these pens are a great way to put your personal touch on everything you own – writing instruments included.
7. DIY clay jewelry dishes – Hello Glow
You can monogram them, paint polka dots or stripes, use gold leaf sheets…really, the options are endless! And with so many cookie cutters available, imagine all the shapes you can make!
8. DIY clay birdfeeder – Hello Nest
This easy birdfeeder project can be done with kids but it still manages to look pretty in the garden, and not at all like a kid craft!
9. DIY clay leaf napkin rings – Hello Nest
If you’re setting the table for Thanksgiving or another special occasion, you might want to have the kids make these cute clay napkin rings while they wait!
10. DIY oven bake clay eggs – Hello Nest
Use these as spring planters or Easter place settings – either way, they’ll look fresh and cute!
11. Essential oil bug repellant bracelet – Hello Glow
When infused with oils that bugs hate (think citronella, lavender and geranium) these DIY bug repelling bracelets provide a wearable way to keep bugs at bay, and look cute while doing it.
12. DIY photo transfer gift tags – Hello Glow
Transfer your most precious memories to clay gift tags, and you’re bound to make an impression on your loved ones!
13. Paper clay barnacles – Design Sponge
Paper clay is quite easy to use, and these barnacles could be the beginning of your next DIY project. Is it a centerpiece, wall decor or a storage dish?
14. Giftable succulent planters – Hello Glow
These succulent pots look like they’re out of a Scandinavian design catalog. Would you guess they’re actually handmade?
15. DIY terra cotta air fresheners – Hello Glow
Terra cotta clay can absorb essential oils, which makes it perfect for playing around with making a few natural air fresheners! They also make great last minute gift tags, if you ask us.
16. Olympics inspired bronze laurel headband – Hands Occupied
The Olympics may be over, but your need for a laurel headband isn’t! Perfect for fall.
17. Decorative Brass Kotinos Resting Wreath DIY – Craftberry Bush
Add a sophisticated touch to any corner of the home with a clay wreath. Making it is easy and meditative, and the result is gorgeous.
18. DIY cufflinks with gold leaf – Hello Nest
A great gift for guys, these clay cufflinks are adorned with stylish gold leaf for a sophisticated look.
19. DIY handmade buttons – Made With Love
Need custom buttons for a certain blouse or for a scrapbooking project, perhaps? Make your own!
20. Create your own underwater paradise – Russian Team on Etsy
If you have the vacation blues, this clay project is probably the one for you. Make these decorative pieces inspired by the sea.
21. Ice cream cone DIY hanging planters – Hello Glow
Hanging planters always look fun, but these ice cream cone shaped ones go the extra mile!
22. DIY clay charm bracelet – Hello Glow
This is a great craft to do with the entire family, and the bracelets make lovely gifts for Mother’s Day or other holidays.
23. Clay alpha magnets – The Crafty CPA
Does your fridge need a new look? You can use these vintage-style qwerty magnets to give it a face lift.
24. DIY clay teardrop bead statement necklace – Stars for Streetlights
Remember the popular teardrop bead Anthropologie necklace? You don’t even need plastic beads to DIY one – just make them out of clay!
25. DIY crater’s clay flowers – Saved by Love Creations
How pretty is this hydrangea bouquet? It almost looks real, except it’s clay!103