Turmeric Hot Toddy
Spice up your hygge routine and your holiday gatherings with a healing, cold-fighting turmeric toddy to please a crowd!
- 2 turmeric roots, peeled and grated (or 2 teaspoons turmeric powder)
- 1-inch piece ginger, peeled and minced
- 3 cloves
- 2 cardamom pods
- 2 anise stars
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 4 cups purified water
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon organic raw honey
- 4 tablespoons bourbon (optional)
- Add the ginger, turmeric, spices and water to a medium soup pot and bring to boil over low heat.
- Simmer for 5 minutes over low heat, then strain and let cool until comfortable to drink.
- Add the lemon juice, honey and bourbon (if using) and mix well before serving.
- Divide into serving glasses, garnish with anise stars, if desired, and serve.
Recipe by Hello Glow at https://helloglow.co/turmeric-hot-toddy/