Green tea is not just another liquid—sure, it counts in your daily hydration dose, but it's so much more than that! If you're looking to up your green tea intake, here are 25 of our favorite healthy green tea drinks you can make at home.
By the way, no one says you have to drink pure green tea. You can cheat a bit with these improved versions, all of which conserve the benefits of the tea but have a plus on the taste side.
Green Tea Benefits
You probably heard that green tea is healthy, but what makes it so? Well, its high content of polyphenols has put green tea on the list of foods that might reduce the risk of cancer [source]. And it contains a compound called epigallocatechin-3-gallate that has been considered for use in Alzheimer's disease treatment [source].
More than that, the infused drink leads to better concentration and improvements in mood [source], increased energy levels, and even fat burning [source]. If you're looking to replace or reduce your caffeine intake or give your metabolism a kickstart, you can count on green tea to help!
25 Green Tea Recipes
1. Chia Green Tea Energy Drink by Hello Glow. This recipe is a nutritious, healthy coffee alternative, which you can also throw on your face as a mask.
2. Cold Brew Green Tea Caipirinha by The Little Epicurean. Learn how to cold brew green tea, and then use it to make this refreshing summer cocktail.
3. Iced Berry Green Tea by Phenomenal. The already beneficial green tea is improved with powerful berries, which you can buy frozen during cold months.
5. Blackberry Mojito Tea Lemonade by The Merrythought. This flavorful, green tea-based lemonade is garnished with blackberries and mint leaves.
6. Green Tea + Berry Metabolism-Boosting Smoothie from Hello Glow. This super simple 4-ingredient smoothie will jump-start your metabolism and keep you burning calories all day long.
7. Green Tea Smoothie by Brittany's Pantry. This super healthy green smoothie can very well pass for a meal, containing coconut milk, matcha powder, spinach, and banana.
8. Lemongrass Lavender Green Sun Tea by Boulder Locavore. Tea is an easy way to drink liquids, even in fall and winter when it becomes a chore, and this recipe is a good place to start.
9. Honeydew Green Tea with Boba by Tiffany Bee. Tapioca pearls make this drink fun, while the green tea and honeydew make it healthy.
10. Green Tea and Peach Julep by Hello Glow. The sweet flavor of peaches pairs well with the bitterness of green tea, and together they make the perfect base for a julep cocktail. Recipe below!
11. Moringa Tea by The Awesome Green. For a natural beauty booster, combine green tea with moringa powder, peppermint, and lime juice.
12. Motivating Tea Blend by Hello Glow. Give your mind an extra kick of energy and focus with this stimulating blend of rosemary, peppermint, and green tea to help you stay alert and centered while boosting brain function.
13. Energizing Peach Green Tea Smoothie by Keeping it Kind. Sweet peaches and mango give a nice flavor to this smoothie, while the leafy greens and matcha powder keep it healthy.
14. Detox Lemon Ginger Green Tea by Everyday Eileen. Perfect for detoxing your body after the holidays, but also a good option for flu season!
15. Green Tea Margarita by The Yummy Muffin. Green tea will make you feel better about sipping on your margarita—but you'll be surprised to find it makes it tastier, too!
16. Peach Green Tea Lemonade by Plant Well. Refreshing, sweet, fruity, tart, and naturally sweetened, this green tea lemonade is a must on hot summer days.
17. Citrus Pomegranate Mint Tea by The Tart Tart. There's plenty of vitamin C in this tea, which makes it perfect for virus-fighting in cold weather.
18. Rosemary Hot White Chocolate by Golubka Kitchen. Indulge in hot chocolate, but give it a healthy twist with the addition of green tea.
19. Green Tea Pumpkin Shake by Food Recipes HQ. Replace the dairy in a pumpkin shake with green tea for a super healthy snack or meal.
20. Spring Detox Smoothie by Hello Glow. Detox your body from the inside out with this green tea, cucumber, and lemon-based smoothie.
21. Energy-Boosting Green Tea, Peach, and Ginger Smoothie by Hello Veggie. Avoid dehydration, and boost your energy and immunity levels on hot summer days with this tasty smoothie.
22. "Goguma" Green Tea Latte by Whitney Bond. This unusual Korean drink is a treat made with sweet potato, green tea, and spices.
23. Mint green Iced Tea by Add Some Veg. Easy to make and perfect for any season, this refreshing mint iced green tea is a treat everyone will enjoy!
24. Green Tea, Melon, and Ginger Cocktail by Cate in the Kitchen. It’s a cocktail that promises to be enjoyed even by those who don't like the taste of green tea.
25. Guava Green Tea with Coconut Jelly by Thirsty for Tea. A tasty, tropical way to have your green tea input, this tea is delightful with the addition of coconut jelly “boba” bits.
Green Tea and Peach Julep
- 2 serving glasses
- 1 cup green tea cooled
- 1 cup freshly made peach juice
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 ounces ½ cup good quality bourbon
- Fresh mint leaves lemon slices and ice cubes, for garnishing
- Add green tea, peach juice and lemon juice in the blender, and pulse to combine (or mix well in a small pitcher).
- Fill the serving glasses with ice cubes, and distribute the bourbon evenly.
- Pour the cocktail mixture in the serving glasses, garnishing with lemon slices and fresh mint leaves. Serve right away.
References (in order of appearance):
1. Farhan M. Green tea catechins: nature’s way of preventing and treating cancer. Int J Mol Sci. 2022.
2. Cascella M, et al. The efficacy of Epigallocatechin-3-gallate (green tea) in the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease: an overview of pre-clinical studies and translational perspectives in clinical practice. Infect Agents Cancer. 2017.
3. Zink A, et al. Green tea in dermatology—myths and facts. J Dtsch Dermatol Ges. 2015.
4. Mancini E, et al. Green tea effects on cognition, mood and human brain function: A systematic review. Phytomedicine. 2017.
5. Chacko SM, et al. Beneficial effects of green tea: a literature review. Chin Med. 2010.
6. Williams JL, et al. The effects of green tea amino acid L-theanine consumption on the ability to manage stress and anxiety levels: a systematic review. Plant Foods Hum Nutr. 2020.88