Crystals aren’t just for hippies—they’ve been used for ages to heal ailments and generally provide good vibes. (Okay, that does sound a little hippy :) Like essential oils, crystals have a variety of uses and applications, ranging from insomnia treatment to pain relief.
Some stones and crystals are said to align with our chakras (still with me?) and heal maladies in the associated areas of our bodies. Some can increase energy or bust a bad mood. Simply keeping crystals in your environment can do the trick, but you can also wear them (try making jewelry!) or place them on your body to harness their healing powers.
Here are the most common healing crystals and their meanings and uses for all sorts of purposes.
1. Onyx: Cleanses the air and rids your home of negative energy.
2. Quartz: Helps relieve stress and frustration, eases anxiety.
3. Amethyst: Helps relieve headaches and fatigue, promotes good dreams and good skin, supports bones, joints and the respiratory system.
4. Citrine: Use to boost concentration, boost memory and spark creativity.
5. Lapis Lazuli: A touted ancient migraine remedy, supports the immune system.
6. Opal: Increases inspiration and creativity, helps with PMS and headaches.
7. Topaz: Works to balance hormones and combat aging.
8. Aquamarine: Aids with acid reflux and gastrointestinal disorders.
9. Jade: Supports the adrenal glands and relieves headaches.
10. Garnet: Good for back pain, calcium deficiencies and tissue regeneration.
11. Bloodstone: Helps regulate blood pressure and supports the circulatory system. Good for colds.
12. Agate: Detoxifies, eases anxiety.810