Dry skin is the worst. Sometimes it feels like no matter how often I slather on lotion, my legs, elbows and hands feel scaly and parched. Regular lotions just can’t keep up with all drying effects of hot showers and copious hand washing. So if there was ever a perfect time for a decadent body butter, this is it. With just 2 ingredients, this creamy lotion definitely does this trick! Here’s how to make body butter with 2 ingredients you probably have around the house.
How to make body butter
You might remember this citrus body butter from last year. Whipping butters and oils makes a super rich combination that your skin will definitely soak up. This time I wanted to keep it simple – just coconut oil and shea butter. You can add essential oils or other butters if you want but, for me, the slight coconut smell is a perfect reminder of summer.
After whipping, the texture looks a lot like white frosting. The body butter doesn’t stay as frothy as it looks immediately after whipping. It may harden some, but it will still easily rub into the skin without feeling super greasy.
2-Ingredient Body Butter
- Using a double broiler over low heat, melt the shea butter coconut oil together.
- Refrigerate mixture for about an hour to cool.
- Beat the ingredients for 5-7 minutes with a hand mixer, or until the mixture becomes fluffy. Use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl, as needed.
- Transfer the body butter to a glass container with a lid.
- Should last at least 6 months