This recipe is rich. Like, ‘whoa, look at all the different oils in there’ rich. But trust me, your skin will love it. If you haven’t started slathering your face with oil then now is the time (coconut oil is an excellent gateway to this). Then you can try other amazing oils for the face.
Why rosehip seed oil?
Rosehip seed oil is high in essential fatty acids that heal dehydrated skin. A “dry” oil, meaning that it soaks into the skin easily, it doesn’t leave a greasy residue, works wonders on scars and is the predominant oil used for treating wrinkles and premature aging.
This recipe, courtesy of Dr. Axe, is ideal for aging skin. Facial oils, especially anti-aging ones, can be super expensive. Why not take that money to buy these ingredients and make your own for years to come? But if you don’t have or don’t want to buy all of these oils, it’s fine to leave them out. A simple combination of jojoba and rosehip seed oil would be a wonderful facial oil.
What are all those oils up there? A quick run down:
- Jojoba oil a super hydrating oil that closely matches the oil our skin produces so it won’t clog pores.
- Pomegranate seed oil and carrot seed oil both provide powerful antioxidants that repair damage done to your tissues by oxidants (free radicals) and protect skin from wrinkles.
- Evening primrose oil, an omega-6 essential fatty acid, has long been used to heal bruises and treat skin conditions like eczema. It’s now a common dietary supplement.
- Frankincense essential oil in skincare products can help treat dry skin, reverse signs of aging, and reduce the appearance of stretch marks and scars.
The recipe makes about an ounce because a little oil goes a long way. Use a dark colored bottle with a dropper to make it easy to get a couple of drops at a time. And for best results keep refrigerated.
DIY Rosehip Facial Oil
- Combine ingredients in a small dark-colored bottle. Shake gently to combine.
- Apply 2-4 drops to the pad of your finger and massage into face, neck and chest each night.
Courses Anti-aging skincare