Today we’re talking chocolate, and the fun stuff you can do with it besides eating it! Earlier we made a seriously decadent chocolate scrub, but if a relaxing bath is more your thing, we’ve got you covered. This recipe for a chocolate milk bath is so easy to make with just three ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen. Since this is a dry mixture you don’t have to worry about using it immediately. You can package it up in a fun cellophane gift bag or a small container.
The milk powder in this recipe will nourish your skin. Milk contains lactic acid that exfoliates and softens the skin. Cleopatra was said to bath in milk to keep her skin soft and smooth – and if it worked for her!
And of course a little chocolate never hurt anything, right? Adding cocoa power gives a boost of antioxidants to help repair skin. This recipe makes enough for two baths – twice as nice! Whether you use them for yourself (or share with someone??) these chocolate beauty recipes make very sweet treats.
Homemade Chocolate Milk Bath
- 1 cup of powdered milk
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- As an optional treat you could add about 1/3 cup of unscented bubble bath to your warm running bath before adding in the other ingredients.
- Mix the ingredients together in a small bowl (not including the bubble bath, if using).
- Transfer the contents to a cellophane bag with a tie or a small container with a lid.
- Add 1/2 cup to warm bath water. Swirl it around the water to mix it in.
- If you’re using the bubble bath, add it first to a warm running bath before adding in the other ingredients.
Recipe from Facts About Chocolate