I’m on an infused oil kick – first with herbs and then most recently with green tea. Then it dawned on me, why not infuse coffee? Caffeine is the wonder element I’ve been wishin’ and hopin’ on to kick my cellulite to the curb. (At least temporarily.) And since it’s summer, it’s the perfect time to add a bit of natural bronzer for a hint of color. Combine all those magic ingredients, along with the heavenly smell of cocoa butter, for a super feel good DIY bronzing butt(er) bar.
To infuse the oil, I followed the same technique as with the green tea lip balm, using 1 cup coconut oil and about 1/4 cup fresh ground coffee. Just be sure to strain the oil through cheesecloth while it’s still liquid to remove all of the coffee grounds. Coconut oil is awesome for stretch marks and caffeine reduces the appearance of cellulite so feel free to immediately start slathering yourself all over.
But if you can hold off long enough to make the lotion bars, you’ll be rewarded with a really soft lotion bar that smells out of this world. We put in just enough beeswax so the bar wouldn’t melt but would still stay soft and easy to apply. Plus it leaves a nice hint of color!
Bronzing Caffeine Body Butter Bar
- Using a double broiler on low heat, melt the cocoa butter, coconut oil and beeswax together.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cocoa powder, cornstarch and cinnamon.
- Pour melted butter into a mold, muffin tin or even ice cube tray.
- Let mixture cool until hardened.
- Pop out the bars and store in a tin or jar.
- Should last 6 months to 1 year.
What are your indulgent secrets for getting summer-ready?34